Microsoft Training at Your Own Offices From £55 Each
We are a leading Microsoft course provider specialising in onsite training. We can deliver the complete range of Microsoft Office training at your own premises anywhere the UK from as little as £55 per person (please see our Onsite Training page for price details).
Fully Qualified Trainers
Our tutors are all certified Microsoft professionals and have many years of industry experience of both teaching and using Microsoft Office in business.
Relevant Skills Based Training
Our courses are very ‘hands on’ and take the form of tutor-led demonstrations, followed by practical exercises using either your own equipment or laptops which we can supply. We concentrate on skills-based training and our courses have been designed and refined over more than 10 years to cover all the major features in Excel which will help your staff perform spreadsheet tasks more quickly and efficiently.
Full Range of Microsoft Courses at All Levels
Our range of courses covers the full Microsoft Office suite and we can deliver training from Foundation right up to Advanced levels, including VBA.
Free Training Needs Analysis
We can also supply a free Training Needs Analysis service to help you choose the correct level for your staff and we’re always very happy to customise a course to suit your particular needs.
We Provide the Equipment
No special facilities are required for onsite training, we bring all the training equipment needed and can also supply laptops if necessary. Our onsite daily rates can be as little as £55 per person (based on a group of 10). This including personal training manuals and a course completion certificate. You can read full details including pricing on our Onsite Training page.
To enquire about a Microsoft course at your offices, please use our Contact Form. Alternatively you can call us free on 0800 2922842.
We can deliver the following courses onsite at your own offices anywhere in the UK:
We offer the above courses on all versions of Microsoft office and at levels from Foundation right up to Advanced.
If you are an individual or only have one employee requiring training, you may wish to consider a public classroom-based course.
We act as trusted partners for some of the biggest public course providers in the UK and can secure big discounts on their normal prices. Prices vary depending upon the training required and it is always worth asking us for a quote before booking a course. Typically we could save you up to 25% on the listed course price.
Regular Courses at Local Venues
Public open Microsoft training events are regularly conducted at all the major cities in the UK. For more details please visit our Public Courses page.
Microsoft Office Essentials brings together all of the most practical features of Outlook, Excel & Word into a single 1 day course. Aimed at individuals who haven’t previously received training on office computer tasks, this will give them all the skills they need to become proficient in just one day.
Microsoft Office Essentials is the ideal course for new staff members and anyone who needs upskilling to fulfill their role within the organisation.
- Introduction to Microsoft Windows:
- Desktop icons, opening & closing applications
- Multi-tasking in Windows, minimising, moving & resizing applications
- Opening and closing files, creating a folder structure
- Navigating around the keyboard and using shortcuts
- Introduction to Microsoft Word:
- Formatting text, paragraphs and spell checking
- Creating bulleted lists
- Setting up Tabs, Headers & Footers
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel:
- Entering & editing data, formatting worksheets
- How to set up simple formulas: add, subtract, multiply, divide & percentages
- Working with basic Excel functions: SUM, MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, COUNT & COUNTA
- Introduction to Microsoft Outlook:
- Sending & receiving email
- Email security, sending & receiving attachments
- Creating meetings in the calendar and inviting attendees
Please visit the Onsite Training page for an overview of our course prices and information on how to book your training.
The question we are probably asked most frequently when delivering training is: “do we have another course which follows on from Intermediate Excel, but isn’t too advanced?” Intermediate Microsoft Excel has always been our most popular course, perhaps largely down to the fact that it teaches practical and relevant skills which can be immediately applied in any office environment. Our clients see an immediate and measurable increase in employees’ effectiveness on spreadsheet tasks. So, to further enhance these skills, we’ve created a new course called Intermediate+.
Bridging the gap between Intermediate and Advanced levels, Intermediate+ teaches further, highly practical spreadsheet techniques designed to move your staff’s efficiency to the next level. In keeping with our other Microsoft Office training courses, Intermediate+ is 1 day in duration and can be delivered at your offices anywhere in the UK. Here is a brief overview of the course syllabus:
- Working with Excel Tables to make filtering and analysing data easier
- Developing PivotTable skills with more columns and bigger spreadsheets
- How to achieve more by ‘nesting’ functions such as IF, AND and OR
- More conditional formatting skills, including the use of icon sets
- Further methods of sorting data by values, cell colours, font colours and icons
- How to consolidate and total data across multiple worksheets and workbooks
- Visualising data trends using graphs and charts, including PivotCharts
- How to manipulate and rearrange text data in Microsoft Excel
- Rearranging spreadsheet data using the handy Transpose function
- Searching databases more effectively using Index and Match functions
The Intermediate+ Excel course is particularly suitable for staff who have already completed our Intermediate level training. However, anyone at an appropriate level of experience would benefit from the course. We provide a free Training Needs Analysis service to help you determine the correct level of Microsoft Excel training for all of your employees. Just contact us and we will email you our TNA tick-box form to complete and return. It only takes a couple of minutes and is completely without obligation.
In response to a number of clients’ requests, we are now delivering Microsoft Office on the MAC. This includes the full Office 365 suite of Apps, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
An increasing number of organisations are moving the MAC for business purposes and there are certainly some advantages. MACs are seen by some as offering a more intuitive operating system and they do currently suffer less from issues with viruses and malware.
The differences between Office Apps on the PC and MAC are subtle in most cases, however dedicated training is desirable to get the most out of the software. Please note that however that we are unable to supply MacBooks to facilitate onsite training but our spreadsheet exercises will work fine on your own machines.
For more information about Microsoft Office training courses for the MAC, please call 0800 2922842 or email us through the Contact page.
Amazon Web Services (or AWS) is the cloud computing platform from retail giants Amazon. More than just another cloud storage facility, AWS is a complete business system providing infrastructure services such as computing power, networking and databases – all delivered as one integrated utility. Pricing is on a ‘pay as you go’ basis and there are no up front costs.
Through our trusted partners at QA, we can offer training on AWS for both professional administrators and end users. Here’s a brief overview of one of the courses currently available:
AWS Business Essentials (1 day). Code AMWSBE
The course is intended for IT decision makers and those new to working with AWS
Topics covered include:
- Advantages of the AWS Cloud platform
- How AWS can be used in you organisation
- Data security and the controls in place to secure you network
- How to grow your organisation in the Cloud whilst minimising working costs.
Further courses include:
- AWS Accelerated Architecting Associate and Professional – 5 days
- AWS Technical Essentials – 1 day
- Advanced Architecting on AWS – 3 days
- Big Data on AWS – 3 days
- Data Warehousing on AWS – 3 days
- Developing on AWS – 3 days
- Migrating to AWS – 2 days
- Security Operations on AWS – 3 days
- Systems Operations on AWS – 3 days
National Cyber Security Centre Advice
The NCSC has issued a set of guidelines for businesses and individuals who are concerned about ransomware attacks on their computer systems. These comprise:
- Updating all Windows operating systems
- Running and updating antivirus software
- Maintaining a safe backup of data
1. Updating Windows
If you use Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, you should run Windows Update and apply all patches. If you are running older versions such as Windows XP or Vista, you should ideally upgrade to the latest, more secure operating system. Alternatively, you can download the free Microsoft WannaCry security update here.
2. Running Antivirus
Make sure your antivirus software is fully up to date and run a full scan of your system. The NSCS advise using the built in Windows malware protection tool Windows Defender in the absence of any third party antivirus programs. Please note that this will not work if you have already been infected by the WannaCry ransomware (please see below).
3. Backing Up Data
If you have a secure backup of all your data, you cannot be blackmailed with ransomware. You should however back up regularly and ensure that the copy is stored separately from your computer. Never leave backup devices permanently connected to the network as they may become infected themselves. You might want to consider using a Cloud storage service such as Microsoft Office 365 for small business or personal use. There are also free cloud and low priced options available for personal use such as Google Drive and Dropbox
What to do if your computer has been infected
- Immediately disconnect your computer from the network / Internet
- Whilst disconnected, run a full disk format or replace the drive
- Directly connect this computer to the Internet to install and run the latest version of Windows and software. Do not connect to the network whilst doing this.
- Install professional grade antivirus software, such Malwarebytes. Download all current updates and run.
- Reconnect to the network and continue to run and monitor your antivirus software on a daily basis.
Full details of all these procedures and further guidance can be obtained directly from the National Cyber Security Centre website.
We also offer a range of Cyber Security Awareness courses for employees through our partners at QA. You can read full details on their website. Please contact us for discounted prices on any of these courses.
Office 365 is becoming increasingly popular as organisations discover the benefits of this Microsoft subscription service. However, getting up to speed with the many new features can be time consuming and frustrating. The solution is a 1 day Microsoft Office 365 training course. We can deliver training conveniently at your own offices anywhere in the UK, from as little as £55 per person. The training takes place over one day and covers all the features of Office 365 that your staff need to become efficient with the software. Here’s a quick overview of the course content:
- What is Office 365?
- The Outlook Web App
- The Office Web Apps
- Working with Office online
- Web App features
- Using Office 365 on mobile devices
- Using OneDrive
- Uploading and sharing documents
- Connecting with PCs and mobile devices
- Connecting & Collaborating with Others
- Using SharePoint Online
- Setting up a team site
- Creating and editing the team site
- Adding pages and web parts
- Using Lync
The course is very practical in nature, consisting of tutor-led demonstrations and delegate exercises. The workshops start conveniently at 10am and finish at 4pm, by which time your staff will be fully proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office 365.
For more details or to book a course, please call free on 0800 2922842 or use the Quick Contact form at the top of the page.
We are pleased to announce that we can now accept credit / debit card payments for all of our Microsoft training courses. This applies to both onsite training and public courses including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, VBA and Word. Please contact us for more details.
Following a number of updates to our Microsoft Office range of courses, we now have a new 2017 brochure. This handy resource details each course and gives a brief overview of the syllabus for each. You can download the latest Microsoft Training Courses Brochure 2017 here.